If getting up and down from a sofa or chair is not as easy as it used to, buying a power lift chair may be the right move. Lift chairs are a great tool for individuals having trouble getting on and off the couch. By using an electric motor, the chairs can give the individual assistance to help prevent falls and other injuries. However, picking the perfect life chair in Denver, Colorado can be a big decision. It includes an investment of a good amount of money, people look for a chair that is comfortable but also meets their needs.
- Reclining Features – Not all lift chairs can recline in the same positions. Some have 2, some have 3, and some have infinite positions. The models with infinite position have two motors to let the footrest move independent of the back portion. However, the lift chairs with ‘2 positions’ and ‘3 positions’ have as single motor which requires the backrest to recline to have the footrest slide out. ‘3 position’ chairs allow full recline whereas, ‘2 position’ reclines only to 45 degrees.
- Lift Chair Size – For proper accessibility and comfort, lift chairs are available in various sizes to match the user’s height and weight.
- Petite/Small – Offers a limited reclining backrest with an elevating ottoman.
- Medium – For users 5’4″ to 5’10” (375 lb. weight capacity)
- Large – For users 5’11” to 6’2″ (375 lb. weight capacity)
- Tall – For users 6’12” to 6’8″ (375 lb. weight capacity)
- Wide/XL – For users needing a 2″ to 4″ wider seat, with a wide capacity of 500 lbs.
- Heavy Duty/XXL – For users needing a 4″ wider seat, with a wide capacity of 600 lbs. to 700 lbs.
Purchasing a power lift chair after obtaining the height and approximate weight of the person for whom you are purchasing is always recommended.
- Lift Chair Covering – If the person you are purchasing for sweats a lot, then leather will not be a good idea. Is continence a problem? Cloth fabric out of the question. Therefore, choosing the covering material based on these conditions will help to keep lift chairs clean and in good condition for a long period of time.
- Lift and Frame – Almost lift chairs provide a lifting function; however, not in the same way. Some chairs don’t lift a person up high enough for them to stand with ease, which could especially be a problem for seniors with serious disabilities. To avoid such situation, find lift chairs in Denver, Colorado which have a smooth lifting feature and sturdy frame.
- Advanced Features – Some elders are not fans of technology; but, when it comes to lifting chairs, you need to look for something which has advanced features like heated and vibrating seats, cup holders, and more. These features can help to soothe age-related aches and pains, which in turn could help seniors reduce their risks of falls and get around easier than before.
All in all, there can be other aspects to consider. If you need help purchasing perfect lift chair in Denver, Colorado, simply reach out to us. At Independent Living Solutions, we offer affordable solutions to all mobility-related challenges.