As your loved one gets older, the power recliner lift chairs for seniors available online can be a lifesaver. Still, as with any aid or device, safety should always come first when deciding whether or not to have one in the house. Used recliner lift chairs offer the convenience of motorized mobility aid and a recliner’s comfort, making them an excellent option for older people who still want to maintain independence. These chairs facilitate transfers for people who find it difficult to stand up from a seated position due to the following:
- Balance problems
- Stiffness and discomfort in their hips, knees, and legs
- Back stiffness and pain
- Muscle tremor
- Low energy and breathing difficulty
- Neurological conditions that restrict motion
- Postoperative recuperation
These recliner lift chairs for seniors available online is very useful for people who need to lift their legs due to poor circulation because they also recline. Here’s how to use them:
Using a Lift Chair in Your Home
Most recliner lift chairs used today have a wall plug but also a backup power source that kicks in when the power goes out. Many people with mobility issues rely on their lift chair to stand because they cannot do so alone. They are never without this priceless resource, thanks to the battery backup.
Depending on the model of the used recliner lift chair and its alternatives, this remote control regularly has only two buttons. Lift chairs use it to lift the seat and operate the leg and backrest. Typically, one button lowers the chair’s base, and another lowers the backrest and raises the footrest after the chair has been lowered. The up button will elevate the back and leg rests when you’re prepared to stand. The chair’s base will rise once they are both shut.
As a safety measure, the recliner lift chairs for seniors available online cannot be raised without the backrest being raised and the footrest being closed first. This tends to make it extremely simple to function with just one hand. Lift chairs can be an excellent way to guarantee that you or someone you care about never needs help standing up.
Maintaining a Power Lift Chair
Keep in mind that lift chairs have a motor-driven lifting system in the base, and a power recliner lift chair (used) has an electronic control system for the backrest and footrest. They require particular care. Here’s how:
- Dust accumulation is terrible, so the motor, hand control, and cord should be vacuumed or cleaned with a wet cloth every month.
- For simple access to the motor, position your chair upright. Call your seller or the chair manufacturer immediately if you see any fraying on your hand control cord. Uncovered wires could cause a chair to malfunction or worse.
- Use a three-prong plug to connect your lift chair to an authorized, electrically grounded outlet.
- To reduce safety and performance issues, plug your lift chair directly into the outlet rather than an extension cord.
The Bottom Line
Power recliner lift chairs for seniors available online at Independent Living Solutions are the perfect solution for anyone with mobility problems who finds it difficult to get in and out of a chair.